Born December 30, 2010 at 11:18PM. She weighed 7 pounds 1 ounce and measured 19.3 inches long. She was born into the arms of her amazing Auntie Ali. I still can't believe it!
So excited to meet her...
Auntie Ali, the amazing midwife
Grandpa Stew meeting Isabelle when we got home
Showing off her head of hair
Hanging out with her proud brother Kayden
We are so happy to be home and be able to get to know Isabelle now. All is going well here, the dogs are a bit out of sorts, similar to when Kayden came home but they are adjusting. I am healing well and am feeling pretty good overall considering all this only happened a couple of days ago! Chad is being super Dad trying to make sure the dogs, Kayden and I are all happy and healthy. Kayden goes through waves of interest in his little sister and forgetting she is even here.
I won't go into huge detail about Isabelle's story but there are a few key points worth sharing. Both kids had to have eviction notices given, neither one decided it was time to join us on their own. Luckily with going the midwife route this time, the process was so much better and I still had the birth experience I was hoping for. Ali is incredible at her job. Chad and I both have an even bigger spot in our hearts for her now and her incredible skills. We truely would not have changed a thing. Ali now knows me a lot more intimately than I think she ever thought she would way back when we first met! I hope looking at Isabelle will make the experience all worth while.
We chose the name Isabelle for a few reasons. The main reason being I've always loved the name since I was young and found out my Memere's name was Isabelle. When my Memere passed away this time of year a few years ago, I always thought if I had a daughter, I would name her Isabelle. My hope is that our Isabelle grows up with the same energy, love and beautiful spirit I remember my Memere Isabelle having. Luckily Chad loved the name too! Her middle name Lynne is the same as mine and well, that's really all there is to that story!
I hope to have more photos and stories of Isabelle and Kayden soon.
5 comments:
My dearest Michelle... You should write books.. you have such a way with words. My Mom in heaven, must have a smile the size of your heart. She would be so proud. Thank you again for making her name live on. Your Isabelle is such a cutee. Kayden seems proud of his little sister. The best to your family for the year 2011. It sure is starting on a very positive note. Love you all.
Michelle - I have tears having just read your update - my Mom would be so proud to see her name live on. I can't wait to meet Isabelle and be with Kayden and all of you next week. I also had a laugh reading about the eviction - I don't think there was any notices right? They both got "booted" out.
Love you all.
Michelle, Chad, Kayden and Isabelle,
Welcome precious girl! I am so happy to hear that all went well and that you are all settling into life as a family of four. What a wonderful way to ring in the new year, and I am sure that Ali feels nothing but blessed by the situation.
Chrissy and family
Bonjour Michelle,
Nous venons de voir les photos de votre nouveau bébé. Nous sommes contentes de voir que tout s'est bien passé. Bravo pour le beau choix du prénom aussi. Mémère Cazabon va sûrement veiller très fort sur votre petite Isabelle. Meilleurs voeux à toute ta famille.
Louise, Anne-Marie,Dominique
So proud of you both...it is amazing and good and enjoy every moment that you have....
love you all, and welcome little Isabelle.....(will await your guidance on the nickname!)
terri & rowan
Post a Comment